Car quick pick

My car fleet

No cars selected

TD Cars - marque/manufacturer information

List of all TD Cars cars

The TD2000 is a retro-styled roadster based on the MG TD originally developed in the United Kingdom. Developed by TD Cars, an 85% Malaysian-owned operation with the remaining 15% share owned by Australian partners, the car is assembled in Malaysia and exported overseas.


The idea of creating a retro-classic to pay homage to that famous 1950s English sports car, the MG TD, but basing it on modern Japanese drivetrain, the TD2000 roadster originated in Australia during the mid 1980s. Despite enlisting the help of Nissan, the Sydney-based Marshall Motor Company could not make a success of the project and the tooling changed hands several times until being acquired by TD Cars Pte. Ltd., an 85% Malaysian-owned operation with 15% Australian partners.

In 1998, TD Cars acquired the rights, intellectual properties, and trademarks associated with the production of the roadster from the MG TD.


Today, the TD2000 Silverstone is built on a steel chassis, equipped with an independent double wishbone front suspension, a leaf-spring back axle and all-round disc brakes, the 2-seater roadster seeks to ally classic styling to contemporary road manners.

Its fiber glass bodywork incorporates side intrusion bars, is protected by stainless steel bumpers and powers by a 2-liter Toyota 3S-FE engine developing some 130bhp, the rear-wheel drive roadster delivers better performance than its predecessor.

List of all TD Cars cars

Source: Wikipedia


Beyond basic auto insurance

In addition to having enough liability protection, there are some other coverages you should consider:

Collision: Pays for damage to your car resulting from a collision with another car, an object or as a result of flipping over. It also covers damage caused by potholes. Even if you are at fault for the accident, your collision coverage will reimburse you for the costs of repairing your car, minus the deductible. If you are not at fault, your insurance company may try to recover the amount they paid out from the other driver’s insurance company though a process called subrogation. If the company is successful, you will be reimbursed for the deductible.

Comprehensive: Reimburses you for loss due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another car or object, such as fire, falling objects, missiles, explosion, earthquake, windstorm, hail, flood, vandalism, riot, or contact with animals such as birds or deer. Comprehensive insurance will also reimburse you if your windshield is cracked or shattered; some companies may waive the deductible on the glass portion of this coverage.

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage: Reimburses you, a member of your family, or a designated driver if one of you is hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver. Underinsured motorist coverage comes into play when an at-fault driver has insufficient insurance to pay for your total loss. These coverages are required in 19 states, but available in all. It is important to purchase the same amount of coverage for uninsured/underinsured motorists as you have for liability to others.